Smarsh Positioned Furthest Overall for Completeness of Vision
LONDON, November 2, 2017 – Smarsh®, providing comprehensive information archiving solutions for compliance, e-discovery and risk management, today announced that analyst firm Gartner has named Smarsh a Leader in its 2017 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving1 for the third consecutive year. The report provides a detailed overview of the EIA market, and evaluates vendors based on completeness of vision and ability to execute.
In this year’s Magic Quadrant, Smarsh is positioned furthest to the right overall based on its completeness of vision and second-highest based on its ability to execute.
“Over the past three years as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving, we have continued to move further to the right for completeness of vision,” said Stephen Marsh, CEO of Smarsh. “We believe this recognition validates Smarsh leadership and innovation in helping the market tackle compliance and e-discovery challenges, as well as our mission to enable customers to compliantly and responsibly leverage more and more forms of electronic communications for business.”
With The Archiving Platform™ from Smarsh, organizations capture, retain, search and produce content across a broad range of electronic communications, including email, mobile text messaging, social media, instant messaging, websites and voice. Content is immutably retained, indexed and stored in a search-ready state, and can be supervised and produced in support of compliance, e-discovery and risk management efforts.
Over the past 18 months, major drivers and enhancements to Smarsh business have included:
- Acquisition of MobileGuard, and growth in adoption of Smarsh solutions for text message archiving. Smarsh provides solutions for both corporate-issued devices (with content captured directly from leading international mobile carriers) and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) scenarios.
- Acquisition of London-based Cognia, and the introduction of archiving for mobile and fixed-line voice communication, rounding out Smarsh solutions for MiFID II compliance.
- Archiving support for new forms of messaging and collaboration, developed in partnership with leading messaging providers such as Slack and Workplace by Facebook.
- Continued momentum in the public sector. Adoption of Smarsh services at the federal, state and local level, in support of records retention and e-discovery initiatives.
- Expansion of the Smarsh Partner Ecosystem. Best-of-breed, platform-complementing partnerships are helping to solve customer challenges in both North America and Europe.
- Launch of the Smarsh Central community, with consolidated technical support, training and administration access for customers.
1 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving” by Shane Harris, Garth Landers, and Julian Tirsu. October 30, 2017.
About the Gartner Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Smarsh® delivers a comprehensive and integrated stack of information archiving applications and services that help companies protect themselves and manage risk. Its centralized platform provides a unified compliance and e-discovery workflow across the entire range of digital communications, including email, mobile text messaging, social media, instant messaging, websites and voice. Founded in 2001, Smarsh helps more than 20,000 organizations meet regulatory compliance, e-discovery and record retention requirements. The company is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, with offices in New York City, Boston, Raleigh, N.C. and London.
Lumina Communications for Smarsh, Inc.